TROMBONE MASTER CLASS 2012
Dates | 12th – 17th July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Branimir Slokar finished his studies at the Music Academy in Ljubljana in 1969 and then continued his education at the Paris Conservatoire. He won numerous prizes, among which a prize at the prestigious international competition ARD in Munich.
He does exceptional work as a soloist and chamber musician. He performed with renowned orchestras such as the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra, the Dortmund Philharmonic Orchestra, the Basel Symphony Orchestra, the Italian Switzerland Orchestra, the Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra, the Rotterdam Symphony Orchestra, the New Japan Philharmonic and others. His extremely active soloist work has led him around almost all countries in Europe, and also the USA, South America and Asia. Due to his numerous CD-recordings, his radio and TV-programmes, he – the exceptional representative and supporter of trombone playing – receives acknowledgement all over the world and gets invitations to juries of international competitions (Munich, Geneva). Currently he is engaged in pedagogical activities in Freiburg (Germany) and Berne (Switzerland).
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012