CELLO MASTER CLASS 2012
Dates | 23rd – 28th July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Martin Ostertag, cello, studied with professor Leo Koscielny in Karlsruhe and professor André Navarra in Paris. He was the solo-cellist of the SWR Baden-Baden and Freiburg Symphony Orchestra from 1974 until 2009. Before, he was solo-cellist of the Düsseldorf Symphony Orchestra, the Amati Ensemble Berlin and the Orchestra of the Berlin opera. As a professor in Karlsruhe, soloist, chamber musician and docent he is nationally and internationally one of the renowned cellist. He has published CD-recordings with Antes, Ariola, Aurophon, Bayer Records, Coviello, CPO, Dabringhaus & Grimm, Deutsche Grammophon, Marco Polo, Naxos and Sony. With Nicolas Chumachenco, Erika Geldsetzer and Benjamin Rivinius he forms the Villa Musica string quartet. They have received two Echo Klassik prizes for their Mozart’s string quartet recordings. His Bach’s suites and the latest Pieces for cello and piano by Schumann have been appraised by the international media.
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012