DOUBLE BASS MASTER CLASS 2012
Dates | 25th – 29th July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Božo Paradžik held principal positions with leading symphony orchestras such as the Residentie Orchestra in the Hague and the Radio Symphony Orchestra in Stuttgart. In addition to this he often played with the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in Amsterdam and as principal double bassist with the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra in Munich.
He began teaching in 2000 at the Konservatorium Jan Sveenlinck in Amsterdam and shortly afterwards became Professor at the Musikhochschule in Detmold. Since 2003 he has been Professor of double bass at the Musikhochschule in Freiburg. From 2009-2011 he tought at the Conservatoire de Musique HEMU in Sion (CZ). Since 2010 he is teaching also at the Hochschule Luzern (CZ).
His teaching is internationally recognised and his success can be acknowledged through the accomplishments of his students.
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012