VIOLIN MASTER CLASS 2012
Dates | 23rd – 28th July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Latica Honda-Rosenberg is among the most distinguished representatives of the concert violinists. Winning the silver medal at the Tchaikovsky Competition in Moscow in 1998 paved her way to an international career. Along with the Baroque solo concertos, she performs not only works ranging from Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, and Tchaikovsky to Bartok, Shostakovich and Prokofiev, but also such less-know concertos as those by Robert Schumann, Erich Wolfgang Korngold and Jacques Loussier.
Since 2000 Latica Honda-Rosenberg has been recording exclusively for the Oehms Classics label. The recordings of chamber music by Ernest Bloch were chosen as the compilation of the Month by The Strad Magazine. Apart from her worldwide concert performance, since 2003 Latica Honda-Rosenberg has held a professorship for violin at the Freiburg University of Music. Furthermore, she gives master classes in Germany, Italy (Gustav Mahler Academy), France, Croatia, Portugal and Israel (Keshet Eilon Summer Course). In April 2009 she has received a professorship at the Berlin University of Arts.
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012