Dates | 16th – 20th July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Gustavo Núñez is considered one of the leading bassoonists of his generation. He had his first bassoon lessons from his father and joined the Simón Bolívar Orchestra in Caracas at the age of fourteen.
Núñez was appointed principal bassoonist of the Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra in 1995. He previously held this position with the Staatstheater Darmstadt and with the Bamberg Symphony Orchestra.
Núñez has given masterclasses and made solo appearances in the United States, Canada, various South American countries, France, Germany, Spain, Finland, Australia and Japan. He has held a professorship at the Robert-Schumann-Hochschule in Düsseldorf since 1999.
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012