Dates | 16th – 21st July 2012 | maximum 12 participants
Emanuel Abbühl has been Principal Oboe of various orchestras including the Basel Symphony Orchestra and the Rotterdam Philharmonic Orchestra, and is guest Principal Oboe for the Chamber Orchestra of Europe. Among others he was invited to join as principal and soloist by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Amsterdam Concertgebouw and Sinfonieorchester des Bayrischen Rundfunks. In 2006 he was appointed Senior Principal Oboe with the London Symphony Orchestra.
He has been teaching at the Academy of Music at Rotterdam, the Musikhochschule Mannheim and at the Royal Academy of Music. Among others he has given masterclassses at the Conservatoire Superieur de Paris and Lyon, the National Academy in Melbourne, the Art Centre in Seoul, the UNAM in Mexico and the Royal Academy of Music.
Master class schedule
Master classes within the Branimir Slokar Academy offer an active participant a perfect insight into music literature with the guidance of excellent musicians.
An active participation ensures the participant with:
– Minimum four individual lessons with the professor
– Piano accompaniment by an excellent pianist throughout the master class
– Possibility to work individually with the pianist
– Possibility to participate at the master class passively at all times
– Availability of the exceptional locational capacities for individual preparation from 7.00 to 23.00 every day
– A general rehearsal with the professor before the final concert of the master class
– Performing at the final concert of the master class within the Festival Ljubljana
– Possibility to attend evening concerts at Festival Ljubljana.
The candidates can acquire in-depth knowledge in orchestral or soloists repertoire, it is though recommended you bring the music you would like to work on yourself. In case it includes piano accompaniment, you should bring that too.
The participation at the master classes within Branimir Slokar Academy is an incredible opportunity for a perfect insight into the approach towards the art of the development of sound presented by our excellent guest professors.
Profile of Participants
Students of conservatories and academies, professionals
Course language: English, German
Enrolment fee: 440 €
Application deadline 25th May 2012